Amazingly very few and relatively economical hand tools are required to do successful jewelry work. It is good saving and safe practice to purchase a tool of high quality.
A description of tools recommended for doing successful craft work.
- Jewellers saw frame, 2 1/4 or 4" depth
- Hand shears (Browns), 6" for cutting solder
- Flat nose plier, smooth jaws, 5"
- Round nose plier, 5"
- Divider, steel, 3"
- Ring clamp
- Riveting or ball peen hammer, 7 or 8 ounce
- Files, Swiss pattern, 6", 0 and 2 cut, one each, hand, half-round, three square
- Files, needle, 16-centimeter length, one set Ring mandrel, graduated
- Tweezer, 5", pointed
- Tweezer, cross lock type
- Emery stick